If you have been with your partner for a long time, your relationship may have started to get a bit boring. To keep the romance alive, it is essential that you constantly do things to surprise each other with different romantic ideas. You don’t have to spend a lot of money, neither do you need to do anything elaborate, you simply have to ensure that they are fun and thoughtful. Here are 50 romantic ideas for you to enjoy with your partner.
50 Romantic Ideas
1. Write love letters about what you hope your relationship will be like in the future with each other. Don’t show each other the letter; place them in a glass bottle and then bury it somewhere. Draw a map of the exact location where you buried the bottle, and write a date on the map of when you will dig up your romantic treasure. Store the map in a safe location, like in a safety deposit box.
2. Make a playlist of all your favorite songs that you can play together when you are having a romantic night at home.
3. Write a love note and put it inside the book that your partner is reading.
4. The next time you both go to the mall, take some fun pictures in a photo booth, and carry the photos around in your handbag or wallet.
5. Plant a tree in your garden, or an allotment, make a promise that when the tree grows you will both carve your names into it.
6. Take a long walk and explore your local area, you can walk through the woods and parks and enjoy the scenery.
7. Write a letter to your partner and disguise it in a normal business envelope, you can then send it to your partner at work.
8. Write short and sweet sentiments on post stick notes and leave them around the house in places that your partner will see them.
9. Have a romantic dessert with your evening meal, such as cherries, strawberries or bananas with some dipping chocolate.
10. Find a new restaurant that is out of town, drive there and spend time talking over dinner. This is one of the great romantic ideas especially for those who like to eat out.
11. On a summer’s night lay a blanket outside and name a star together.
12. Create a romantic night inside by using black lights and glow in the dark stars.
13. Place candles all around your bedroom, play music in the background, light some incense and give each other a full body massage.
14. Spice up a romantic dinner by serving chocolate liquor as a dessert.
15. Plan a romantic evening at home, turn down the lights, put on some soft music and take your clothes off one item at a time, leaving a trail of clothes all the way to the bedroom.
16. Spend a quiet night at home, and roast marshmallows by the fireplace together.
17. While your lover is taking a shower, sneak in and use your finger to write “I love you” on the steamed mirror.
18. Write a love letter and cut it up into a jigsaw puzzle, mail a piece of the puzzle to your lover every day.
19. The next time you are taking a walk together, hold each other’s hands.
20. This is one of the rare romantic ideas that you can really have fun with. Make a form called “Prescription for Love,” and then write out each dose of your love potion. For example you can write something like, “accept two kisses every hour”, “take one hug every half an hour”.
21. Depending on how long you have been together with your partner, you can make a slideshow of all of the pictures that you have taken during your time together. Set a date so that the both of you can go through your slide show.
22. With the pictures that you make from your slide show, pick out the best ones and frame them, you can put them on the coffee table or on the mantel piece.
23. Email each other greetings anytime of the day; they can be funny, flirtatious or enticing.
24. Buy a romance calendar to keep up to date with all the romantic events that you have got planned.
25. Set the stage for romance by bringing home a bouquet of flowers to change your normal routine.
26. Always have a date night, and do something different every time. You can do things such as go to a play or a movie, go to see a ballgame, or do something as simple as having a picnic.
27. Plan a romantic evening, and both of you write down your fantasies for each other to share.
28. A candlelight dinner is always very romantic.
29. Tempt your lover by buying some extremely sexy underwear.
30. Have your own personal romance novel created where you are the star and your partner is the hero. Another one of the fun romantic ideas that you can go back to again and again.
31. If your partner is going on a business trip, send flowers or a small gift to their destination so that they receive them on arrival.
32. Have an artist sketch a picture of you and your partner doing something romantic together.
33. Always have a few loose coins handy so that when you both go past a fountain you can make an impromptu wish together.
34. Slip a love note into your partner’s coat or pants pocket.
35. Surprise your partner with one of their favorite events such as an opera concert, or a sports game.
36. When your lover has a bad day, be extra understanding and listen to them vent.
37. Cut up small hearts out of colored paper and write romantic notes on each of them and put them in different locations around the house, such as under your lovers pillow, and in his underwear draw.
38. Buy a box of lucky charms; take out all of the marshmallows and leave the heart shaped ones for your partner.
39. Go to the mall and divide $20 between the both of you. Split up and buy something cheap, sweet and romantic for your partner.
40. Spend an evening making a scrapbook together of all your souvenirs, photos and memorabilia of your relationship. These can be concert ticket stubs, or a napkin from one of your favorite restaurants. Another one of the most exciting romantic ideas.
41. Record your dates either with the camera on your cell phone, or you can purchase a video recorder specifically to record your special dates togehter.
42. One sunny Sunday get a hammock and make some homemade lemonade together.
43. Design a lover’s nest in your home, an area that is just for the two of you. This can be anywhere in your house but make sure it is out of sight from guests.
44. Visit a winery, take a tour and then purchase a bottle that you can take home for a romantic evening later on.
45. Rent your favorite movie and spend a cozey evening in wathching it together.
46. Pamper your lover by running them a candlelit bath and you can do all the scrubbing.
47. Plant some flowers and when they grow, pick them and give them to your lover.
48. Blindfold your lover and lead them to the bedroom for some sensual pleasure.
49. Make a habit of complimenting your partner on a daily basis.
50. Spend an evening making up some love coupons together; you can then have fun redeeming them.
You can add your own twists to this list of romantic ideas, and really have fun with them.